The gardener's eye

The Gardener's Eye

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Garden


Copyright Lillian Stokes 2009

This is a photograph taken of my garden from our bedroom window last August. The garden is about a half of an acre and is situated on a hill. It is terraced on three levels. The top level opens up to the street and has a rather hot color scheme. I think of it as a garden designed for the pleasure of the passer by. The middle level is enclosed by a yew hedge and has a grey color theme (it is the garden in Lillian's photograph). It has a view of Mt. Monadnock in the distance and opens out from the terrace and is private. The lower garden is very much a work in progress and will be a "wild garden". It is composed of woodland plants that feel as if they belong in New England but are not necessarily native plants.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Sigrun from Germany and found your blog just in the moment. Your garden looks nicely, like the gardens you show us. I often visit gardens from friends and public gardens, most in Britain, which I love.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sigrun!
    I am so happy you found my blog. I have been very fortunate to visit many inspirational gardens both here and in Europe. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails